Data Privacy Notice
1.Your personal data
Personal data relates to any living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controllers possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation GDPR.
- Who are we?
Kara-Lyn Macaulay T/A Karan Francis Health & Beauty Clinic is a data controller. This means they decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our web site address is:
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- How do we process your personal data?
Karan Francis health & beauty clinic complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate measures are in place to protect personal data.
Media : If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Cookies: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites : Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- Karan Francis health & Beauty uses your personal data only for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide products and services to you
- To administer the services provided as indicated by your consultation data
- To manage our employees
- To maintain our own accounts, records and to comply with legal & statutory requirements
- To inform you of appointments, demonstrations, activities, events, services etc.
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- What is the legal basis for Karan Francis processing your personal data?
Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about appointments, news, activities and services.
Processing is necessary for Karan Francis to carry out all obligations under business, commercial and employment considerations & requirements.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as “Strictly confidential” & used only for the purposes of Karan Francis health & beauty.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
Karan Francis Health & beauty will keep your data only as long as you are a customer or employee and will delete it when it is no longer required for business, legal or statutory purposes (normally 7 years)
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information
- You have the following rights with respect to your personal data
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Karan Francis holds about you;
- The right to request that Karan Francis corrects any personal data if it’s found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data be erased where it is no longer necessary for Karan Francis to hold such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time;
- The right to request that Karan Francis provides the “Data subject” with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable – i.e. only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using our contact details below. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
- Company contact details
Karan Francis Health & Beauty Clinic, 8 The village centre, 16 Main St, Moira, BT67 0LE. Tel: 028 9261 3737